Snědovice municipality was called Schnedowitz by its German residents. Snědovice underwent a boom in the late 19th century when 583 residents lived there in 80 houses. Today, 274 residents live there.


The most important building in Snědovice is the Baroque-style chateau from 1677 - 1680 which stands on the site of the dilapidated Renaissance-style fortress. In the early 19th century two corner towers were constructed, the western wing was enlarged and the facade decoration was unified during the reign of Veith from Liběchov. The next owner, Augustin Miller, modernized the chateau, established the park and let some farm buildings be built. After World War II, the chateau came under the ownership of the state and is now used as a Social Care Institute for the Physically Handicapped from across the CzechRepublic. The Institute provides rooms for 75 clients in single-bed and two-bedrooms reconstructed from 1970 - 1976. A part of the Renaissance-style painted ceiling beam was uncovered during the reconstruction. The three-axis Empire gateway sided by the former farm buildings from the early 19th century, now redesigned for rehabilitation of the Institute clients, leads to the yard in front of the chateau from the street. In the centre of the municipality by the main road, is the chapel dated 1856 consecrated to the Immaculate Conception of St. Mary. The building was constructed in 1865. Folk architecture is widely represented in Snědovice and there are log cabin houses from the 18th and 19th centuries in the municipality. There is a house with a "sun" gate from 1849 opposite the chapel.

The Renaissance-style mill and bread bakery was constructed in 1555 by Václav Vlk from Kvítkov with his wife Mandalena according to the stone plate built in the gable wall of today’s former mill. The building has been redeveloped several times and changed its owner as part of the demesne. After August Miller, the mill was owned by the last German owner, Wenzel Schestak, from 1925 - 1945.